Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the apple dosn't fall far from the farm...







My niece Virginia has been out here on the farm now for about 4 weeks and it's been so nice to have her out here.. she fit's right in right down to the blisters that match mine ... she even didn't seem that mad at me when I stabbed her in the face with the goat hoof trimmers.... you see she was wrestling the goat to the ground and I was trying to help while holding the very sharp trimmers in my mouth - let's just say she's healing nicely... (warning to parents who think sending there child to my farm is a good idea) -





Virginia has also become the dairy queen of big table mastering butter and ice cream making from scratch with the wonderful raw cream we've been pulling off the milk for the pigs...





We also enjoyed a day trip with our friend Johnathan to hood river and stopped by the maltonoma falls! It was a super nice day! ...







and happily we both share a passion for all things horseyand have been having a great time with Huston and Hummer : )



Virginia has also been very open to jumping into the foodiness around here from wine appreciation right down to enjoying the head cheese from the party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Virginia is definitely a Carver.

ferenge mama said...

She is a superstar! I hope you don't stab my child in the face when I send her off to the farm (13 years from now). :-)