Friday, August 19, 2011

reducing my dependence on foreign oils ...

yesterday was 'gamblin day'... nope not on the 'rez' ; ) -- gamblin is a local portland company that makes beautiful hi quality oil paints a world that I still have a lot to learn about.. but I'm expanding my knowledge and going local thanks to my new friendship with robert gamblin and his crew - many of whom are painters as well as paint and color masters!! ... we had a paint out yesterday at the farm .. and it was dreamy!! Here's the photo version of the day! (thanks to Pete for many of the photos)


























8" x 11"


8" x 11"


6" x 7.5"


6" x 9"

ps - all these recent paintings are for sale send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Robert gave me this beautiful painting he did at the farm I was honored.



and to top it all off I finished up the day by doing some harrowing with the boys! what a day...

2 comments:

Kathleen Bauer said...

First off: Great title!

And what a genteel gathering…the impressionists couldn't have looked more picturesque than this. And the results are truly gorgeous. Great work.

Cecelia (CC) said...

How do you do it? How can I find myself moved to tears yet again for yet another manifestation of YOU? I think the dinner on your farm was the last moment when I felt so happy for you two I thought I couldn't feel happier. This time a wave of "ahhhhhhh, THAT'S Clare". I hadn't even pictured this possibility. It's perfect.