Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Harvest





the sun flowers finally submit to fall full and ready to be harvested...

Harvest has started - grapes started coming in last week for Brian our fruit for our syrah should be in maybe the end of this week or next week and our pinot (for pinot and rose) should be in in maybe another week after the syrah - hard to say we got some perfect t weather this past weekend which was great for the ripening out there : ) cross your fingers for an Indian summer! Brian is doing well no long days yet...




before


after --- whew - I'm tired ...

I'm swimming in pears and apples I wish I had a second me that could sit and can for 4 days straight ... the pears and apples are just insanely good this year... the tomatoes are also overflowing.. I have been able to "put up apple sauce" actually and get some tomatoes in the freezer for winter sauce : ) the garden this year is so much better than last year it's been a real pleasure to work in ... each year I hope to add more organic matter and build better soil ...


Lois this one's for you - you should recognize this rose it's one of the many roses I brought up from cuttings I took from my favorites at your house : )




I love how the cabbages look in the garden







we ate our first big table farm raised goat last night it was really good!! it's kind of like lamb but not as "flowery" more earthy we where thinking when we brown it a little it will make a wonderful winter sauce with those warm flavors : ) ....


this photo feels more like summer that fall



In addition to piles of produce I have piles of envelopes containing our wine release letter on my big table you should see yours in your box soon if you think I don't have your address please send it on and I'll happily send you a letter too!



big table + big piles of letters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognized that rose even before I read your comment! It's having a good time up there - as well it should. Your harvest looks so yummy, Clare. You do good work!
lq

Clare Carver said...

do you still have it's mom? I think it was one of the ones on the side of the house? I think it's a peace rose it's smells amazing (but nothing tops that red one to the left of the driveway in front : )

Elizabeth B Merriman said...

I love seeing photos of your "bounty" Clare... am I impressed with all your canning and putting up... wish I was there to help you eat some pear and apple sauce.