Thursday, July 10, 2008

laughing pigs and dancing chickens


Before

Well it looked like we where getting ready for the Apocalypse at Big Table Farm yesterday...
we picked up our home grown birds from kookoolanfarms who butchered them for us and they looked beautiful... I took beautiful plump fluffy white birds and got back this gorgeous clean meat! hum I could get used to this : )


After

When we got them home we hung them in the wine cellar and then today we baged them up in vacuum sealed freezer bags .



.. I'm looking forward to having our first one tomorrow night with some friends... yum!

gotta love a summer evening

My Friend Duane gave me a hook up on some really nice Hay he baled up last week! So we happily went over and picked up about 2.5 tons from the field...









Duane is his style of course showed us how you really pick up hay (you don't : ) you let he machine do it for you!...


Jessicca was putting away some of the horses when we got to duanes place - he's in full swing getting ready for show season! If you live locally you can see his gorgeous shiers strutting their stuff at any of these shows...



We received some bounty from our Friends Herb and Jennifer Lamb down in Napa - hummm some CA wines for our summer party yumm.. thank you!! you guys are too much!



There is more wine news but I'm going to post after I get the official word -- but looks like the laughing pig will be by the glass in Napa this summer... more details soon!! : ) .. how's that for a cliff hanger... Big Love from Big Table



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be critical but as a guy who earned a living as a Hay-Bucker from my days in Ferndale I can honestly say your hay-bucking form could use some work guys.... Less back and shoulders, more knee and leg! Don't make it so hard on yourself, use leverage and momentum. Dirty, hard work huh? Yeah, I don't miss it but $14/hour was pretty good in 1987. I'll have to come up and give y'all a lesson so you don't look like such rookies!

Nice looking plump chickens though! When R you getting a rooster so we can make some Coq Au Von?

Miss ya...

Johnny GoFast said...

Sure the hay throwin' looks good and all, but you ain't worth your land if you farm out any of your farmin'. That includes killing the chickens. No excuse. Them's greenhorn type farmin' measures if you ask me. And I know you didn't so I'll be moseyin' along.

Clare Carver said...

Thanks for the input guys I look forward to the hay bucking lesson I've got another 2 ton you can learn me good on win there waiting to be stacked in the barn and they've got your name on 'em and I'll even cook up a coq au vin if you'd like but I gotta tell ya a hen in wine is much better - and johnny well let's see the next meat chicks get here on August 8th so we'll see you the weekend of November 15th for the kill party! : ) can't wait for all the exra strong backs it will be great to see you both!! xoxoo c