Monday, March 5, 2007

Edward the "guard lama"

Lots to report in the last week... we have 5 new additions to the farm...



Lots to report in the last week... we have 5 new additions to the farm...


Edward the "guard lama" has come to the old Williams farm to live he will be the herd protector for our new herd of goats we have 4 so far and are hoping for a few more... Edward came from this super breeder http://www.hiddenoaksllamaranch.com/

Ed ward lives with Romeo and Juliette who he came with and his new friends flops and scooter... Flops is I think my new favorite I have to admit she is sooo incredibly sweet.. but Edward is a pretty fine animal his own self......

The goats and their body guard are living at the moment in a "stall" holding pen I build last Friday it was a bit of an adventure as I don't usually use skill saws and impact drivers etc. unattended by my husbands skill and advise... but he was totally busy with work and basically said if you want to bring home this menagerie this week you'll have to figure it out... it was a good learning process I usually build stuff with him and he figures everything out this time it was just me in the raw space with 5 animals coming in 24 hours some tools and a big scrap pile of wood...I kind of surprised my self it went really well... but I have a greater understanding now when I say to Brian we you can "just build that" now I realize it's work figurin' cutting measuring laying it out ... running into snafoos and making sure the batteries are charged on your tools... so their fencing comes today or tomorrow and hoping to get 'em all out munching tomorrow...

in other news we got some buds on the trees I planted and the daffodils are just about to bust open!!! I've gotten all the seeds ready for our garden and my fabulous welding husband has build yet another handy thing for me : ) it's so I can keep the seeds warm near the woods stove as they germinate.. :
)

so that's this weeks report from the farm...

I also learned if you get men drunk enough they go out and split your wood pile after dinner .. thanks dave and alex I hope you weren't as sorry as I was this morning... : )

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

OH my LORD!! I can't believe you have a whole crowd now. And EDWARD is super-fabulous. I would have bought him too, based solely on the fact that his name is Edward!!

The goats are ah-door-ah-buhl. Can't wait to meet them in person.

xoxoxoo