I got to help with the last step in the process of insulating the attic after literally months of work on Brian's part - The final 'blow in' was quite frankly was icing the cake.. He's been up in the attic for months!! -
First he cleaned out all the old 'crap' and loose attempts at insulation with things like newspaper and packing peanuts I'm thinking the r-value on Styrofoam peanuts is pretty low! that was like 100 trips up and down for that part alone.
then he prepped it with blocking so the Air Crete guys could blow in the expanding foam in the eaves and managed that process... my office is now a hell of lot quieter as well as warmer from that alone...
then there was a whole host of things that had to happen BEFORE the insulation went in: re-wiring, replacing the upstairs fixtures and switches, installing a hardwired fire alarm system, a new bath room fan and whole house fan with vents AND a sprinkler system.
When he finished ALL that there was the 14" wood plywood forms up there to block the insulation away from said fans openings and create the space for it to go.
It makes me exhausted just re-counting it.... This project ended up having SO much more infrastructure work than I ever imagined... and that Brian he dosen't ever do any thing half way... so the final day of 72 bags of insulation and the blower spraying the paper into the awaiting little walls I'm sure had to have felt good for him... it did for me and I didn't do any of the work...
So here's to a warmer house this winter!!! - and cooler in the summer too!!
Thank you Brian - the warm wife