Monday, November 5, 2007

VOTE - YES on Measure 49 it's almost v-day

Katie has a great summery on her blog ... see
Election reveries

we can't let greed win over small farms!

I have noticed that all the farms close to town that want to keep the ability to sell out to sprawl have no on 49 signs and those out a little ways out all seem to have love Oregon? yes on 49 signs...hummm

I'm YES on 49 (and 50)... read for your self 49 will help protect open space and farms from development period.

Measure 49
MODIFIES MEASURE 37; CLARIFIES RIGHT TO BUILD HOMES; LIMITS LARGE DEVELOPMENTS; PROTECTS FARMS, FORESTS, GROUNDWATER.

Measure 50
AMENDS CONSTITUTION: DEDICATES FUNDS TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE FOR CHILDREN, FUND TOBACCO PREVENTION, THROUGH INCREASED TOBACCO TAX.

to read more just the facts from the state!

2 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

I'm yes on 49, no on 50. Tobacco programs including a tax to fund them is a bureaucratic nitemare on Elm Street. If the programs work, the tax revenue dwindles but the bureacracy doesn't. People also already know that smoking is bad for them but they make the choice. I say...let them die.

Clare Carver said...

yes I know I know ..
"you can't legislate morality" but a tax like this will make such a huge difference.. and I know that's a "short term solution"... but right now it's better than nothing.. "short sighted nd voting with my heart" sure I'll take that over lack of health care..