Tuesday, May 24, 2011

time away from the farm...

May turned out to be an unexpectedly busy month for me - I went to Ca to be with my friend June who at 88 passed away - June is a very special woman in my life - she was my adopted grandmother ... she was a strong, and straightforward woman who spoke her mind and often forgot the filter... she was a tough business woman and had a big soft heart I loved her and was honored to be at her side on her last days and moments on this planet.
I raise my martini to you June !


June at the top of the hill at Big Table Farm



Big Thanks to Julia for helping me at the plowing and for being so supportive and dealing with horses when we were done so I could get on the road to be with June... also thanks to Sarah and Laura for coming out and visiting the boys while I was in ca - what an amazing group of women in my life!!

In the mean time back at the farm spring was exploding all over the place!












3 comments:

Cecelia (CC) said...

looook at that hillside of blooms & blossoms!

Welcome home.
We missed you.

Anonymous said...

I love how green Oregon is! Here in California things start browning in early april...:(
I just might move up there. :)

Chi said...

Clare
Lots of Love and Hugs and Kisses to you and Brian both. I was honored to meet June. She was lovely and I know you will both miss her.
Mary