Saturday, October 27, 2007

- DO - try this at home... : )

AS you faithful blog readers know porter was here last week... on her visit she tried some of my homemade granola bars (which I'm pretty sure she'd had before when Brian made them) she asked for the recipe.. which we have all done... but to actually ask for a recipe.. and then subsequently get it (that's part was a major miracle) and then actually make said recipe dosen't happen that often...


And then another thing that dosen't happen that often .. with no pre-planning Porter and I just so happened to be making the bars last night ...at the same time... we discovered this while talking on the phone ... ... it was so much fun! if you can't be in your girl friends kitchen with her try cooking the same recipe at the same time... it was silly and fun.. and so we both decided to post photos of our evening on our blogs : ) and you have to go to hers to see the actual recipe because un like me she's a better typer... http://seekingsprout.blogspot.com/2007/10/goodness-from-kitchen.html

I'm not sure where the first recipe came from but ..Brian has made lots of changes to it so I'd say it's his recipe. Porter and I are just granola free loaders.. but damn is it good! and good for you!!!...









The hat is not a requirement to make good granola but is if your house is uninsulated and it's OCTOBER you may need one... yikes... will some one remind me again why we didn't insulate this past summer...

No comments: