Thursday, May 24, 2007

counting blessings...



This morning as I did my morning "chores" which I have to say really need a new name as I look forward so much to the morning mmmmahhhh from the "goaties", Mr. Chief with his deep low happy to see me" mmmmm ... and the pigs ohhh the pigs.... they are so funny they sleep in till I get there unlike the other animals who start munching when the sun comes up... the pigs lay around till I show up and then they jump up and spin around and grunt...I open their pen and turn on the fence and they go bounding out in to the pasture I think the pigs are BY FAR the cutest animals on the farm... so I'm thankfull for all these animals .. I really look forward to collecting the eggs which should be in another few weeks!!

This morning I was also thankful for new friends we are making up here in OR ... we had two of them for a wonderful dinner last night ... (thanks Maggie and Michael for coming all the way out the the farm... oh and sorry again about that flat tire!) ...


Brian walking up the hill to throw the ball for miss Clementine...you can also see the scotch broom in full bloom!!


which brings me to Brian ... well I'm so totally in love with this guy and he's just freggin' amazing... after chainsawing wood all morning patching up something with the welder he comes inside and cooks the dinner for our friends we started with his home cured duck ham and home smoked wild salmon... followed by oysters , then rack of lamb, risotto with morels, and spinach with home made panchetta... and finished off with a light salad and a strawberry rhubarb tart (that was my little part : ) ... I'm blown away again just writing it... so I'm incredibly grateful for the amazing creative talented man in my life!! I am truly blessed...

My Brother Joseph is visiting for two weeks and that is just wonderful he's helping Brian with all kinds of farm work! and he's been just a dream to have around...

I'm incredibly thankful for this amazing spring we are having and that my gardens are finally "in"

(which is just the beginning of course but things are growing all that work back in February doing hundreds of starts has paid off : )

we had our salad out of the garden last night .. so we are getting there slowly but surely
(thanks Joseph for the all the help digging in the garden : )



my amazing husband once again built me this awesome garden fence !

So happy spring !!! may blessings come to you too!!!


Chief AKA Toro he does all our "mowing and fertilizing" around the house : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this entry (I love them all!)...you are blessed and i'm so glad you're enjoying it! Tell Joseph...and someday i'd love to meet Brian and eat some of his yummy food :)
peace and continued blessings!
Jaye and all

Clare Carver said...

thanks jaye !! you too...